Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Movie Magic

I mentioned at the outset that mine and Mallory's BFF-dom has really only been around for the last two and half years. And since you're wondering how that happened, I'll tell you.

Once upon a time in the summer of 2008 a big group of us went and saw pretty much every movie that came out. No joke. I know I saw almost everything from Iron Man to The Dark Knight that year. Our Friday plans for 3 months included sitting in a long line on a strip of questionable movie theater carpet, eating snacks we snuck in our big Mom Bags. Between the two of us, Mallory and I have managed to conceal a six-pack of 20 ounce bottles, Swedish Fish, several bags of chips, and other assorted goodies. I remember one time when Mallory kept pulling out different items off of the Wendy's menu out of her bag. Do I need to say it? Probably not, but I will: AWESOME.


Since that summer, Mallory and I continue to enjoy seeing movies together. We have a favorite movie theater up in Salt Lake that shows us independent films while feeding us imported chocolate. We saw two movies in one weekend there one time. We've also been known to drive up and down the 101 and El Camino Real in the Bay Area, scouring Red Boxes for a particular DVD.

Here are some of the movies that we both always loved, have seen together, or Mallory has recommended and now I love.


And if you're thinking of recommending a movie to Mallory, chances are she'll love it if has one or more of the following:

  • A peppy soundtrack
  • Steve Zahn
  • A tragic love story involving a British author
  • Beautiful cinematography
  • Clever writing
  • Some sort of hipster element.
  • A rewatch that is conducive to throwing a themed party.

No comments:

Post a Comment