Wednesday, November 3, 2010

881 and Counting

Mallory and I have always been cousins. But we didn't really become BFFs until 2008 ish. That's not that long ago. But in the last 2 and half years, we've had over 881 Google Chats.

What do we talk about? Well, everything. Music, movies, food, guys, design, lovely paper things, general angst, and things that make us laugh until we cry! Also? A worrisome amount of Twilight discussions happen, particularly for two girls who love to make fun of it so.

Here's what we were talking about on this day in 2008:

me: I just saw your Twitter.
  don't you love that movie?
15:36 Mallory: Yes, ma'am
15:38 How's the novel coming along?

19 minutes
15:58 me: well, a friend of mind finally gave me an idea
  so that's fun
16:00 I'm anxious to go home, do laundry, clean my room and get writing.
  also, i rsvp'd to your party. it sounds like it's promising to be quite the shindig
16:01 (quick aside to Becoming Jane: I LOVE James McAvoy.
  )
16:03 this blog is laugh-out-loud hilarious. not to be read during class on account of all the laugh out loudedness.

8 minutes
16:12 Mallory: Haha, ok, I will look at it later
 me: Yeah, start with that post, and enjoy.
  anywho, back to your party
  its fancy!
16:13 Mallory: Fancy? My party?
  I dunno about that
 me: there's lots to do! and it's at church!
16:14 Mallory: that is true
  Maybe I've been underestimating it
 me: mallory's party=parties at church=usually receptions=fancy
 Mallory: Hahaha! I love that logic!
 me: It's unarguable.
16:15 Mallory: Indeed. That is airtight.
16:17 me: That's it, I'm throwing that up on your event's wall.

7 minutes
16:24 Mallory: Nice. :)

As you can see, not a whole lot has changed...I'm still addicted to twitter, I still love James MacAvoy, I'm still trying to write a novel, I'm still trying to clean my room (different room, same mess), I can still boast airtight logic, and I still love celebrating the Awesomeness of Mallory.

The best part is that we never run out of things to say. Maybe we're making up for 25 years of lost time, but really, on any given day, we can move from texting and Twitter to Google Chat and Facebook, to phone to face without breaking stride.

And I bet you can guess what I think of that...

Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment