Monday, November 15, 2010

Books: They're not just for decoration...

Mallory loves books, she loves paper, she loves home decor that is made from books and paper.

Books: For all the time we spend talking about Twi****, Mallory and I do have high-brow taste in books. I promise. Any book collector worth their salt knows that you put the super impressive books out in the living room where your guests can ooh and ahh over your excellent literary taste. But if you really want to know what a book collector reads, you have to look at the books stacked by their bed or in bookshelves in their bedroom.

Take it from me, Mallory has AWESOME taste in books.

Paper: I probably need to save this for it's own post, because really, I can spend hours talking about paper and Mallory's love for it. I'm not even kidding. It's a legitimate love.

Home decor: Whenever anyone walks into my apartment, they ooh and ahh over the things I have up on the walls. They're all made of paper, and half of them were made by Mallory. I don't have a picture, but she made me a paper wreath that looks like unto this:


Only awesome-er. Not only did she make this out of a book, she made mine out of an old dictionary. She has one as well, but it's made of an old MLA manual. Too, too perfect.

That's the thing about Mallory, she's a super good--I'd go so far as to say AWESOME gift giver. Stay tuned for more on that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love that you censored Twi*****. Yay for books and paper!

    ReplyDelete