Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Darn near perfect...

Once upon a time, I went to Salt Lake today to have dinner at Red Iguana with my author and then we went over to King's English for her book signing. It was loads of fun to be back in my favorite little city. We drove through Sugarhouse, which if you've never done so in the fall, go do it now. Anyway, when I left the book shop, it was smack dab in the middle of dusk, and the golden glow of the setting sun on the orange and red trees was almost too much to handle, not to mention the twinkling lights of the stores and restaurants nearby.

As I made my way back to the freeway, my heart was equal parts so happy and a little bit listless.

What does this have to do with the awesomeness of Mallory?

Well, I was already experiencing this near perfect moment, when my car started playing Sondre Lerche.



You see, Mallory keeps me well informed of really good music. Like, not my low brow music that she doesn't make fun of me for listening to, but just really good music. Anyway, without Sondre Lerche playing at just the right time, my moment this evening wouldn't have been as perfect as it was.

Yet another reason why the world is better because Mallory is in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment